Elf on the Shelf has quickly become a holiday tradition for many families. The mischievous little elf, who is sent from the North Pole to help Santa keep an eye on children’s behavior, brings a sense of magic and wonder to the holiday season.
One of the most exciting parts of having an Elf on the Shelf is coming up with creative and fun ideas for where to place them each day. Here are some fun and festive ideas to inspire you:
- On the Christmas tree: This is a classic spot for the elf to hide. Try placing them hanging from a branch, sitting on a star, or even peeking out from inside a wrapped present.
- In the kitchen: Elves love to help out in the kitchen, and there are plenty of places they can hide in there. Try placing them in a mixing bowl, on top of the refrigerator, or even inside the pantry.
- In the living room: The living room is a great place to find the elf because it’s a central spot in the house. Try placing them on the fireplace mantel, peeking out from behind a throw pillow, or even sitting on top of the Christmas tree.
- In the bedroom: The elf can also hide in the bedrooms, whether it’s on top of the dresser, tucked inside a stuffed animal, or even sitting on the edge of the bed.
- On the front door: For families who like to leave their elf out on the front porch, try placing them on the wreath, hanging from the doorknob, or even sitting on the welcome mat.
No matter where you decide to place your elf, be sure to get creative and have fun with it. The more imaginative and unexpected the spot, the more fun it will be for the whole family. Happy holidays!